IsoBuster 2.6 Released - Data Recovery Tool with full unicode support
Today we released IsoBuster 2.6 after an extensive Alpha and Beta test period.
This version is a must upgrade. We hope that you enjoy it.
IsoBuster 2.6 is fully Windows 7 compatible and has been awarded the 'Certified for Windows 7' Software Logo.
changes compared to version 2.5.5:
- Unicode support via all aspects of the Graphical User Interface (GUI), Dialogs etc.
- Full Unicode support during the installation (e.g. install Chinese on a US system etc.).
changes compared to version 2.5:
- Expert Witness Format image-file support (*.E01, *.S01, *.L01).
Improvements compared to version 2.5.5:
- Ability to select text encoding (Unicode, ANSI, UTF8, ..) when saving text from the editor window.
- Ability to select text encoding (Unicode, ANSI, UTF8, ..) when saving file-system data (e.g. file-list) to a text file.
- Implemented *.qic file-type recognition for found files based on their signature.
- Implemented *.dps file-type recognition for found files based on their signature.
- During extraction of *.M2TS files, and when there's an error, the replace with zero block option is now available.
- Added support for localized Bytes / KB / MB / GB / TB when displaying a byte size (for instance in the right panel).
- Implemented a workaround for badly mastered Roxio (Retrieve) UDF discs, possibly in combination with spanning several discs.
- Also scan drive letters A: and B: when finding drives.
- Program start-up speed improved.
- Various other GUI improvements.
Improvements compared to version 2.5:
- Improved support for Japanese text in DVD-VR Label and Title.
- Implemented *.orf file-type recognition for found files based on their signature.
- Implemented *.ncd file-type recognition for found files based on their signature.
- "Do not bother me with this message" option in message when going online.
- Command line parameters: "/nodrives" and "/nosplash".
- Improved error message when it's impossible to open or create a file.
- Improved font support in the editor window when displaying text other than sector view.
- Do not prompt to make a CUE file if the actual image file was deleted after errors.
- The Windows shell command "extract" will now start with "/nodrives".
- Various other GUI improvements.
Fixes compared to version 2.5.5:
- Fixed rare and not likely to happen crash during scanning for missing files and folders on a particular dataset where structures resembled FAT but were not.
Fixes compared to version 2.5:
- The program now prompts to overwrite a resource-fork-only file on an NTFS system (rare situation).
- Fixed double prompt for action when NTFS stream(s) and the main file would contain read errors.
- When tracks are dragged and extracted, but are split into muliple files, all subfiles are now moved as well from the Drag temp folder to the final folder.
- Fixed very rare instance where aborting extraction of a track would cause the next track to be skipped entirely.
Download this version here.
PS. This version will not work anymore on old, officially "End Of Life", Microsoft OS: Windows 95, 98, ME and NT4 due to the too big differences between the early OS and the modern OS. It's simply not possible anymore to support and create functionality for the modern OS (XP, VISTA, 7) and still keep it compatible with the old OS.