IsoBuster 3.7 Released!
The End-of-year release has arrived. Happy holidays ! Aside from improvements and new stuff in the GUI there are a few important bug fixes that you should take advantage of ! Make sure to update your version to this latest release or consider buying an upgrade if you have an older version. IsoBuster 3.7 features a breadcrumbs control for easy navigation, with lots of powerful features under the hood and powerful search functionality in files and folders. Be sure to download and install this new version !
Here's a list of all the goodies:
Changes / New:
- Implemented a Breadcrumbs control for easy navigation, with right mouse click Pop-up for easy task selection
- The Breadcrumbs' edit control also interprets paths you copy in it (with limitations), or can show the current path, for easy copying to the clipboard
- Support for typing in a limited list of commands in the Breadcrumbs' edit control (@close, @refresh:drives, @stop, @restart, @new, @find:\)
- Ability to turn off TreeView trying to follow selections made in ListView and Breadcrumbs (faster and less memory use due to virtual implementation)
- Elaborate Search functionality (Ctrl+F), to try and find file(s) and/or folder(s) with certain properties in existing file-systems or file lists. Not to be confused with data/file carving functionality to try and find missing files and folders (Ctrl+F3)
- Improved use of, and added a lot more ShortCuts throughout the software
- Different ListView columns layout for search results and ability to show the full path
- Improved display of files and folders in the status bar, during exploration of folders etc.
- Improvement in time stamp display and during file extraction, for files created in a different daylight saving time period
- Ability to reload the drives' list (Shift+Ctrl+R) and all associated objects (files folders etc.)(To check if USB drives have been inserted or removed)
- Improved the speed of finding a TreeView item exponentially
- Make sure the size of an initial install is not bigger than the screen resolution (on systems with low resolution)
- Workaround for Oracle VM VirtualBox 'VBOX CD-ROM' virtual drive that doesn't return correct information in case the ISO file is big (e.g. of a DVD)
- Added Main menu item to allow you to Upgrade from a [Personal] license to a [Professional] license
- Allow to properly resize the Properties (Ctrl+I) Window
- Show blocks being read in status bar while doing a scan for missing files and folders
- Added 'Copy path as text to clipboard' function (Ctrl+C)
- Quite a few improvements, changes and re-writes in the core code / engine, as this is a living project and to deal with the ever growing new functionality
- Various GUI improvements
- Bugfix for HFS - Not all folder content was shown all the time (*)
- Bugfix for FAT - Big folders covering multiple clusters would sometimes not be explored fully (*)
- Fixed it so that the Save Dialog, Print Dialog and Font Dialog won't be displayed behind the SectorView window
Please tell people about it, like it in facebook, share it via facebook or via twitter, post it on forums etc. Stuff like that is really appreciated. Start with clicking the "Recommend" button below if you're on Facebook.
Peter Van Hove,
Founder and CEO